Inner City Bypass Upgrade
The $60 million Inner City Bypass Upgrade will increase capacity for existing and future traffic demands. Carrying around 108,000 vehicles every workday, the Inner City Bypass is currently operating at up to 90 per cent capacity. This upgrade will reduce congestion, improve travel times and safety for all road users, and improve connectivity to the wider road network. The upgrade will include:
- Widening the ICB from three to four lanes in each direction between Legacy Way and the RNA tunnel
- Constructing a new westbound ramp to the ICB from Bowen Bridge Road
- Providing operations and incident response for the length of Legacy Way concession deed (until 2065)
- Providing routine maintenance services on a 10+10-year contract (at Brisbane City Council’s discretion)
- Providing enhanced intelligent transport systems
Transurban has reached an in-principle agreement with the Brisbane City Council to deliver this project. Under the agreement, Transurban Queensland will finance and project manage the delivery of the design and construction phases, and provide operations, routine maintenance and incident response services once the upgrade is completed.